Tuesday, July 15, 2008

funding the tour

I've put together a short coastal tour for the next three weeks. Shows with Greg Peters and our band, the Dog House Brewer, in San Diego, LA, Monterey, Santa Cruz and Berkeley. It's not cheap, all this traveling, especially when riding a bike from town to town won't get us in time to where we need to be.

Like my brothers and I have done many summers when it's time to earn some cash, I picked up a hammer as soon as I got back to Berkeley and went to work with my dad. He's a contractor who does mostly private residential work, though a while back we did some projects in the Co-Op dormitories at UC Berkeley and at my old elementary school in Oakland.

We've been building a deck for a family in Orinda, just the other side of the Caldecott Tunnel where the marine layer fog doesn't reach. The temperature has been up in the hundreds out there while it's cool and foggy two miles away on the Berkeley/Oakland side of the hill. The swimming pool on the property is tempting but we're far too dirty to jump in at the end of the day.

No song attached to this entry, just this picture of my dad and me building this deck. Him with his mullet hat and me grunting to fund this tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home