Sunday, June 8, 2008

digging back

We spent the day outside on Greenpoint Avenue in the ninety five degree humidity with a few friends helping us sell our stuff. Inside boxes have piled above our heads and the shower has no hot water. I'd be all right if I chose to take a cold shower and could control how cold it got, but the water was the kind of cold that burns the back of your head and makes you breathe in sobs.

Tonight I'm listening back over recordings I've made in the last five years since moving out to New York. I wrote the instrumental posted here two years ago when I was living in Tivoli with my friends Michael, Melissa and Giovanni on Route 9G. One night I wasn't sleeping so I loaded Garageband and let her rip. I named the song daddad oped because the guitar was tuned to d-a-d-d-a-d, an open d tuning.

It's not a sound I've messed with too much. I was listening to a lot of Bad Religion and Rage at the time and Michael had played in a bunch of rock bands. I played daddad oped on my Larrivee acoustic guitar so as not to wake up Giovanni, though the sound I heard in the headphones as I played was the distorted metal sound you hear in the recording.

LISTEN TO DADDAD OPED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home